Monday, September 29, 2008

Amy and Jeremy 9.27.2008 at the Regatta Place - Photos by Melissa and Ara

I was super excited to photograph Amy and Jeremy's wedding. Amy likes a lot of the same things I do so of course she has great taste. The theme of the wedding was sort of vintage 50's, retro, and simple but beautiful details. Her vision for the photos was super fun, candid, funky and as I like to say "Ah-tsy". I knew that she and Jeremy would be up for anything as far as the photos went. Amy is insane for photos. It was looking to be a photographer's dream and then I saw the weather reports!!! RAIN! Thankfully is was on and off so we still got to do a lot of photos outside. The light ended up being perfect and we totally fulfilled their photo wishes!


Stupid Rain! Oh, well! It didn't stop us from getting some great shots...

These shoes are SO great!
A "W" for her new last name

This chair was great for photographing details! Love the bouquet!
The bottom of Amy's shoes
Putting on some lipstick before photos.
I thought this wallpaper had a retro feel to it. This is such a cute photo. Amy was so nervous.
We spied this cool mural outside of the hotel! She wanted funky and retro... I think we nailed it!
I love murals!!

Waiting for all the guests to make it out of the rain
Even the church matched the vintage theme! What a great shade of green!


Married!
I'll say it again, what a cool little church this is! It is the First Church of Christ in Newport.
My favorite door in Newport! I love bright colors.
Amy had this clear umbrella. So great for photos...

Detail shot by Ara
Amy's sister made this cake. I don't think I've ever seen a cake quite like this! Pretty amazing!

Entrance shot by Ara. I love Amy's veil.
I think this is a pretty sweet candid moment during their first dance
The secret ingredient in this salad... Rain water!
The crew of the Aurora were nice enough to let us come aboard and take some shots of the bridal party. They even posed for a photo!
Here's Jamie! She charmed the crew to get us on the boat. I didn't think they would let us, but Jamie worked her magic! Thank you, Jamie!
Jeremy and the boys
After it rains is the best time to take photos! People always think the sun is the best for photos, but nothing beats a perfectly timed rain fall.

The bouquet toss! These girls don't look like they are trying to catch it...
And they didn't!! Maybe they've seen too many garter disasters! Amy's friend in the pink dress picked up the bouquet when she found out there was no garter toss!
Here's Jeremy's mom dancing with Amy's mom in the rain! The weather isn't stopping these ladies from having fun!
It's everyone's favorite bridesmaid again! Here she is modeling the tee shirts Amy gave her bridesmaids.

Friends and family: If you would like to see all of their photos when they are ready online, please click here. Sign up on Pictage and you will receive and email notice when they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment