Friday, January 22, 2010

A Moment with Melissa...No. 2

I consider myself a green lady. I try my best when it comes to doing things that are environmentally friendly. One of my New Year's resolutions is feed the fam only organic meat. It's a little more expensive but in the long run I think it's worth it.

If some of you are looking for an easy and free way to reduce your "Carbon Footprint" a good place to start is your junk mail! Check out
http://www.41pounds.org/impact/ to see how junk mail effects the environment.




Credit card offers are annoying! I never opened them. Finally I went to optoutprescreen.com. There you can fill out a form and no credit card companies will send you any mail for 5 years! I permanently took my name off the list by sending in a letter.

Another thing I did was sign up at http://www.catalogchoice.org/. This site will help stop unwanted catalogs from coming to your house. It's nice because you choose what catalogs to block.

Well, that's my good deed for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment