Friday, January 29, 2010

A Moment With Melissa...

Hello! It's Melissa, again! I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you guys about one of the ongoing photo projects I have. It involves my daughter, Zoe, (I think all of them do) and her birthday. Here is the plan. Every year I do a simple portrait of Zoe around her birthday. My goal is to do it every year for the rest of my life. As time goes on I think it will be something she'll really appreciate having. I know I will.



What am I doing with these pictures? Right now I have a canvas for each year. The innocent 1 year old, crazy 2 year old and my big girl 3 year old...




My hubby, Miles, jokes that we are going to have a house covered in canvas by the time she is 17. I don't think I'll get one a year because that might be overkill, but if one year is particularly awesome I'll replace one of these with a new canvas. I'm also making a scrapbook with all the photos.

Since we're on the subject of birthday photo projects I do have another one! My goal is to seek out cool numbers and take Zoe's photo in front of it when she is the right age. For example she is 3 now so here is our 3 photo...


In case you are wondering... Yes, I will be doing all these photos for the new baby, too! If not in 12 years I'll be hearing "Why are there so many pictures of Zoe and none of me?"


So, those are my ideas. Hopefully I've inspired some of you to do your own little photo projects. You don't have to be a professional and it's something you'll have forever.

1 comment:

  1. What a little dolly! Love the canvas prints! ~Stella

    ReplyDelete