Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Trishy on Vacation in Florida...

Well, I spent last week in Florida visiting my Mom who spends the winters there. Lucky her! But lucky us too for having a place to go! My son Isaac calls her Mimi and he is madly in love with her and misses her terribly when she is away, so he was really excited to get there! Here they are at Casperson beach in Venice...


This is the sunset at Nokomis Beach, this shot is right out of the camera, no Photoshop! It's just naturally fabulous in Florida all the time.





So Isaac is a budding photographer, he asked to take pictures while we were watching this wind-kite-surfer. I thought this was pretty good for a 3 1/2 year old!


He took this one too. Maybe you'll see him out assisting me at weddings this summer....



This is part of a billboard at the bird sanctuary in Sarasota, it's hand painted directly on the wood and is just so cool!




Everything is so lush and green there. Not like the current grey New England scenery!!!





This is called Dutchmen's pipe. Just thought is was so interesting.







Ahhh, Spanish moss hanging from the trees is so beautiful...




Here's Isaac paying hide and seek with Mimi. We were actually hiding out in plain sight, it was pretty cute of him.




Here's a self portrait of me...





I thought of photographing a wedding while I was here. It's so quaint and sweet. This is the chapel in Spanish Point in Osprey Florida. I think you can rent it for weddings!





Here is my hubby Jim buying really fresh oranges at Nokomis Groves for his work friends and for himself. It's the simple things when you're on vacation...




I just love this yellow and blue color combo! It's so weird to see flowers in winter.





My aunt Teddy and Uncle Dave were staying at their friends house just down the street and they were kind enough to invite us over for a swim. Isaac was crazy for the blow up dolphin. Uncle Dave even rode on it to humor Isaac, he's a good sport!




Jim loves to go birding and now Isaac is getting into it too! Can you even stand how cute he is?! He is looking up the birds in the book...




We saw 2 Armadillos while at Myakka River State Park. They are actually so cute!




They have a tree canopy there too, Isaac was really excited for this!




This aloe plant is in my mom's front yard. Very convenient for post-sunburn treatments! IT really does work to cool and heal the burn.



A photo of the sky on the day we left. So blue and lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment